Tuesday, March 6, 2012

...Sunday Mo Jo...

…Some say…well many say…that I’m a genius…my brother told me this the other day...I’m flattered…and just got a ruling that, yes, I can say flattered…I’m flattered but I don’t think so…I think that if I’m a genius then everyone’s a genius…and if you take a look to your right…well, or left…you will notice a person that obviously doesn’t qualify as a genius; thus, proving my hypothesis that everyone is not a genius, and therefore I am not one…people consider others genius…example being Bob Dylan…people have dissected his lyrics so much to the point they think he has the answers to whatever they’re going through…almost to the point that I think if Dylan were to say that he gets most of his ideas on the toilet then writers across America would be writing books while taking craps…and saying to themselves, “Dylan was correct…the toilet really does get that imagination flowing”…and I bring up genius because when drinking this here cup of Mo Jo, I can’t escape the mentality that I’m somehow more sophisticated when drinking coffee…Seinfeld broached this subject…how people drinking coffee always act like they’re doing something important…the difference between them and me though is that I’m always doing something important…and they I will admit sometimes do important things, but most of the time they’re just feeding their faces with a caffeine jolt…when I’m drinking coffee I’m either preparing to pass out worksheets in The School of Tomorrow’s Leaders or writing this here blog…and we all agree that both play a vital role in…everything…from the war on terror to getting lil’ Mookie the same educational opportunities as Timothy…from the North to South to the southern states we wish stayed in succession (Florida) and the ones we are glad that came back to the Union (New Orleans)…from the mother’s womb to the birth of a mo fo that writes a blog that revolutionizes the blogOsphere…from the from to the the…from the Bay Ridge apartment to the Café Steinhof in Park Slope where my bro and I tonight will be quenching our thirst while watching Spinal Tap, the chosen film for this café’s Sunday film…should be interesting…I’m pretty excited…and here the coffee will be away, but people in beards will be sipping brew and adlibbing to Spinal Tap, trying to reach that sophistication that they had thought they achieved earlier when they were doing their one important daily Sunday ritual…reading this Sunday’s Cup of Sunday Mo Jo…

No comments:

Post a Comment